Monday, April 27, 2009

Triathlon


This weekend I participated in my very first triathlon! It was the sprint level which is 750 yard swim, 12 mile bike, and 3 mile run. I was a little nervous for the bike since I had never been on a road bike! Thanks to Micall, I was able to borrow her bike and it worked out perfect! The swim was a little longer than I thought, but I stayed at a steady pace and made it though just fine. As soon as the swim was over we had the transition to the bike outside in the snow! I tried to get ready as fast as I could. I had 3 shirts and a rain jacket on to keep warm, and I needed every layer! There was one killer hill and I almost got off my bike, but I struggled through it and made it back for the run. Before I even got off my bike I could not feel my feet because they were so cold. But half way through the run I got some feeling in them again and finshed strong. I crossed the finish line just under 2 hours in 16th place! Chase helped me out so much and took great photos!

6 comments:

Justin, Caraston, Garrison, Adalay said...

You go GIRL! Alex - you are my hero! I can't believe how strong you are :) It is awesome! Maybe when you guys move here with us you can give me a little training! I could use it! Way to go! I know Chase nust have been proud - good job!

Dayna said...

Congrats on doing your first triathalon!!! That is awesome! We can't wait for you guys to move to St. G for the summer. PARTAY!!

Chelsa said...

HELL YEAH ALEX! You really are amazing! under 2 hours and in 16th place. You are the strongest girl! I am with Carast, I want you to coach me! Love you guys and hope finals go well. We are excited to hopefully see you soon!

Kathy said...

The NATURAL!!!! You've earned a new name....and I'm sure it didn't come easy. Alex you're amazing and I'm kicking it up a NOTCH. this lazy BUTT'S getting a face lift, cheek raise,a fanny FIRM...(what ever)but I too will need a little-no- a lot of coaching! Can hardly wait

Parker or Jessica said...

Way to go! Looks freezing im so impressed. . my husband and I are doing the St. George Tri next weekend. I got excited reading your blog.

Brett and Chelsea said...

Go Alex Go! let us know if you need help moving