Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Labor Day


Chase finally had a little break from school, so we took advantage of the time off and went camping. We went to Timothy Lake with the Drake's and Moss's. I was so excited to spend time with Chase and I was happy that he had so time off of school. We camped two nights and of course the weather wasn't that great, but it didn't rain on us so I was happy.
As we were getting our stuff ready to go, we decided that it would be a good time to invest in a new tent. So after some price checking we found the perfect 4 man tent. We hadn't been camping in OR yet so we were excited to use "all"our camping gear. This made us pack way more than anyone would need for two days, but better bring too much than too little right?

The New Tent

We also tried to do some fishing while we were there, but not only was it cold but the wind was out of control. That apparently was in my favor because I was able to catch the only fish of the trip! I am also proud to say that I cleaned my first fish as well.

Working on my fresh catch

The whole time we were there we definitely ate well! Chase made dutch oven potatoes, peach cobbler (thanks Heidi for the suggestion) and the trout I caught. The Moss's made burgers that I could live off of if I could, and awesome breakfast burritos! And as each night ended we had to have s'mores!

Cooking up potatoes

The boys preparing the trout

Eric and Heidi were only able to stay for one night, but we wished they could have stayed longer! As they were leaving the rest of us decided to check out some of the other lakes around the area and we stumbled upon Little Crater Lake. This lake is like nothing else I have ever seen! It is crystal clear blue water and it is 45 feet deep. It was created by the earth shifting and now it is an artesian spring fed by underground springs, and is ice cold!
A couple shots of Little Crater Lake

It looks amazing in person!
We had such a fun trip hanging by the fire, fishing, being in good company and of course eating! I am so glad we were able to spend some time roughing it. I am excited to put that tent to more use maybe one more time this year, but for sure next year!
Chase enjoying his fishing time


Nothing's better camping than warm socks!!

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

it looks like you guys had so much fun! The lake looks beautiful! Love you guys!

Kathy said...

I'm ao glade that you were able to get out into nature...thers nothing else that will clear your mind and put a smile on your face! now...are you coming for the dear hunt...j.k.ing! Wow the lake is beautiful, Kind of reminds you of the water at the Havasupi!

Austin and Jamie, Kortlyn, Corbin, Koyer and Cayzlie said...

Hey fish in a dutch oven. I will have to try that some time. It might be pretty good. Seriously are you going to be able to make it for the hunt. Its only a month away. Corbin is getting more excited than I am.