Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Class Trip


Thanks to Auzzy and Dayna my first trip to Lake Powell was first class! We first stopped and fished for a little while and when we were rigging up a boil of striper fish came right passed us! We tried to hurry as fast as we could, but by the time we had the bait on they had all swam away. Just our luck. When we got to the house boat it was dark, but since this trip was first class we had people take us down the dock and straight to the houseboat on a golf cart! We were all pretty hungry so went to the restaurant and had dinner and rocked out to a surprisingly good cover band.
After a very "comfortable" night under the stars, we headed out to see the lake and to do some wakeboarding. I would also like to compliment our captain (Ron) for his excellent driving skills! While out on the lake Willy, Chase, and I jumped off a rock which we guessed it to be around 35 feet, a personal high for me!



We took a lunch break and headed back to the houseboat, and I still can not get over how huge the houseboats are at Antelope point. There are some that are easily close to a million bucks! Anyway, after lunch we decided to make an obstacle course. All I have to say is Team Gentry needed some improvement! But congrats to Team Van Dizzle. Even though it was a very short trip we had so much fun! I can't believe we are counting down the weeks until we move, but we still plan to have a lot of fun til the summer is over!



3 comments:

ericandheidi said...

I'm still so jealous of you guys!! it isn't fair i didn't get to join the first timers to lake powell!! One day One day, ha!

Justin, Caraston, Garrison, Adalay said...

Another awesome adventure! You two have inspired me to start blogging once again :) See you soon - we are soooo excited!

Love ya!

Chelsa said...

I love you guys! I am so glad that you two go on so many adventures!!Keep it up...in a year we will be joining you :)